This exercise is a technical warm-up practice that I used in one of the first weekly training sessions (Tuesday) last month, with my U15 team.
How many times do we tell our players to “not to play horizontally“, to be positioned on different lines to the ball circulation easier? But then, how do we coach them to answer our request?
For this reason I thought about this sequence of passings and receivings on 2 different set-ups; a rectangle for the first phase and rhombus for the second part of the sequence.
The main objectives of the practice are:
- Look for diagonal passing lanes, toward a lower and upper vertex
- Combinations with 3 players (first phase) and 2 players (during the second one)
- Time of moves without ball, passing and receiving
- Positioning of the body in relation to ball receiving and subsequent passing
- Rhythm of the ball circulation